Have you ever drunk an alcoholic beverage? Have you ever tried using drugs? Did you ever wonder how these drugs effect our bodies or what effect they have on our behavior? I hope that some of these questions will be answered in this learning unit.
- First we will read a poem together.
- What was your first reaction to this poem? Write your answer here:
- Now go to this site, read the poem again and answer the questions (begin with question number 3): http://www.amalnet.k12.il/meida/english/engi2174.htm
- What would you like to know about drugs? Write below 4 questions that you would be interested to find answers to:
- Report your questions to the class. We will write them on the board.
- Decide how you would like to work - with a partner OR in a small group.
- Sit with your partner/s and decide which subject you would like to focus on. You can refer to the subjects on the board for help.
- For the next few lessons you will be working and looking for information about the subject of your choice.
- To sum up what you have learned prepare a poster and be ready to say a few words about it in class. You may also present your work using Power Point.
- Below are a number of links that may be helpful in your search for information. You may use any other sources.
Comment to the teacher:
It is a good idea to decide on the criteria for evaluation with the students. Attached is the criteria my class suggested.
If you have any questions regarding this project, feel free to contact me:
- (Drinking and Driving)
- Drugs and Alcohol (ready activity)
- The Brain's response to (different drugs)
- Children's Project on Drugs - This information in this site was written by children and it includes information about specific drugs, what they are made of, their effects and more. http://tqjunior.thinkquest.org/3638/
- Alcoholic drinks
- Drug Free America - A very comprehensive site which deals with many aspects of drugs (details on drugs and their effect, prevention, treatment, real stories, etc.)